1. Protection of personal dataThe user is informed that personal data may be collected via the website by SEA AVOCATS, in its role as data controller pursuant to the terms of personal data protection regulations.
- Type of data collected and purpose of collection:Specifically, SEA AVOCATS is likely to collect and to use the following personal data: family name, given name, company name, e-mail address, telephone number and position held.
Where communication of personal data is requested on the Website, an asterisk indicates information that is mandatory. Failure to give such mandatory information may, as appropriate, result in being unable to send a form, or to contact SEA AVOCATS.
The purpose of processing carried out by our Firm is explicit, legitimate and determined. Our Firm only collects data which is strictly relevant and necessary for the purpose for which it is processed.
Specifically, personal data is collected for purposes of commercial and administrative management, to ensure the application, case/assignment you entrust to us is correctly handled, and as appropriate, in order to send you newsletters and news bulletins.
- Recipients of data:Your data is strictly reserved for use by (i) members of the Firm acting in the context of the assignment and (ii) the Firm’s administrative and commercial management department. Any person who may have access to your personal data is bound by a duty of confidentiality. Your details will never be shared with external recipients, other than, as required, with judicial officers or other members of legal professions, or parties who are themselves also bound by professional secrecy and then, solely, for proper performance of our assignment. Such data will never be transferred outside the European Union.
- Retention period:The Firm retains your data only for the period required for the operations with a view to which it was collected, in compliance with the applicable regulations. Thus, unless otherwise legally obliged, data is retained for a period of 3 years from the date of the latest contact.
- Security:The Firm ensures the security of your data by implementing the appropriate technical and operational means to secure it. The Firm secures your data in order to prevent it being distorted, damaged, destroyed or disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
- Your rights:Pursuant to the regulations on protection of personal data, you have over your data a right of access, inquiry, rectification, deletion, limitation, portability and opposition, specifically of opposition to the data being used for purposes of commercial prospection.
You have the right, lastly, to define guidelines regarding what happens to your data after your death, and to file a claim with a supervisory authority.
In order to exercise your rights and, more generally, for any inquiry concerning our personal data protection policy, send your inquiry by e-mail addressed to email@example.com, or by post to: SEA AVOCATS 153 rue de Rome 75017 Paris.
We undertake to respond as soon as possible and at the least, within one month of receipt of your inquiry. Due to the complexity and number of inquiries received by the Firm, this period may be extended by two months. You will be informed in advance of such extension and of the reasons for the delay.
2. CookiesA cookie is a text file of limited size, generally consisting of letters and numbers, sent by the internet server to the browser cookie file stored on your computer’s hard disk.
Some cookies are strictly necessary for the functioning of the Website (for example cookies which enable browsing, identification cookies and cookies for load-balancing authentication) or are used to analyze traffic numbers and use of the website (audience measurement cookies). Pursuant to the regulations on protection of personal data, there is no requirement to seek prior consent for such cookies.
Other cookies are used to share content on social media (Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn sharing buttons). Consent must be sought from the user in advance for this type of cookie to be placed. To this end, the SEA AVOCATS website comprises the Social Share Privacy tool, which solution is recommended by CNIL and is default activated on the website. This solution makes it possible to integrate content sharing buttons without automatically placing cookies on the user's computer in the absence of their express consent. In other words, no cookie is placed without the user’s consent having been given. The sharing button will only be activated and cookies placed on the computer after it has been clicked.
Once you have agreed to them, you may at any time seek the relevant information and configure these cookies by going to the cookie management policy of the media in question (Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn).
In any event, the user may at any time use their computer browser settings to disable / reactivate all or any of the cookies mentioned above. For more information on cookies, how they function, and how to object to them, the user may follow the links below:
Data collected from cookies is retained for a period of 13 months.